Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Recipe!

NeNa's Homemade STRAWBERRY BREAD!
(that's NeNa in the middle)
This is my FAVORITE Christmas Recipe and the ONLY thing I can make from scratch...seriously!







It's is my sweet little Nena's recipe from a long time ago. I still have the original recipe that is written in her handwriting and I still use it when I bake this at Christmastime, it still makes me smile everytime I pull it out.
It is so yummy, I just had to share it! So get out those pencils and recipe cards and get to crackin'!








Nena's Homemade Strawberry Bread
Mix:

3 cups of flour

2 cups of sugar

1 tsp soda

2 tsp cinnamon

Then add:

4 eggs

1/2 cup cooking oil

(2) 10 oz. pkg. of frozen strawberries

1/2 cup of chopped pecans

Mix well. Bake at 350 about 40 minutes.

It makes 3 of the big aluminum bread tins or around 7 of the extra small tins.

(And it's REAL good for you too!!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


































No comments: