Monday, November 2, 2009

Will Always Love that Big Girl!

Lucy is not coming home.

After a long day of phone calls, sign making, picture posting, shelter visits, people stopping by to report Lucy sightings from Saturday, and even one sweet neighbor throwing me into her suburban as we shot down the road makeup-less and brazierre-less to scope out what she thought was a Lucy sighting........

Lucy is not coming home.

With help from the Hurst Animal Shelter it was discovered today that Lucy was actually NOT a "rescued" dog as we were led by 2 women to believe, but a "STOLEN" dog. Lucy had been reported stolen over 3 years ago by the family that she was reunited with on Saturday. We were led to believe by these women who represented themselves to be with "Paws of Paradise" that Lucy had been microchipped by their organization, when in reality the original family had microchipped her. That is how the connection was made on Saturday.

We are happy that they have been reunited, sad she is not here on her bed with us, and so mad that people can be so cruel.

Alot of mixed up feelings, and not really sure what I should do......write to the family, complain to "Paws of Paradise", cry a little more, be angry a little longer, but one thing is for sure...............

Lucy is not coming home and I'm sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry Melissa, I am praying that God will heal your broken heart today.

Kara Prater said...

I am so sorry Melissa! It looks like we both had a horrible day yesterday. :( Like Ryan told me yesterday.."Love much, Grieve much".

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Melissa. If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Miichele