Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Pumpkin Prayer!




Two of my dear friends shared this with me and I thought it was such an adorable idea..you know I had to steal it and blog about it.....so I could share it with my friends too!


THE PUMPKIN PRAYER
Dear God,
As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer...

Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(Cut the top of the pumpkin off)
Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do.
(Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
(Cut the eyes out in heart shapes)
I'm so sorry for turning up my nose to all you've given me.
(Cut a nose in the shape of a cross)
Open my ears so your word I will hear;
(Cut the ears shaped like the Bible-rectangles)
Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near;
(Cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)
Let Your light shine in all I say and do!
(Place the candle inside and light it)
Amen!




Thanks Kelli and Suzanne for sharing this cute idea!!
Happy Fall ya'll!

No comments: