Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heavy on the Turvy...a little light on the Topsy!

We saw this "TOPSY TURVY" Tomato Planter on TV and after getting past the adorable old couple using the "Topsy Turvy" on the commercial, we thought the whole little contraption was kinda cool. So being the gift-giver mom that I am, I swiftly ran to my FAVORITE place at Walgreen's...the "As Seen On TV" aisle and proudly bought Hallie one for her 2nd Grade Graduation!

Needless to say, I was met with a scowl when she opened her "Happy Graduation" gift for ME!

"Is this mine or Riley's?" she seethed through her mouth full of clenched teeth.
"Yours! Aren't you excited?" I asked.
"Uhhh..Sure!", I heard as she trailed off to go play with a box of rocks....or anything else more exciting than her NEW "As Seen on TV" "Topsy Turvy" Tomato Planter!

A couple of days later I found it stuffed under Riley's bed, in between a sleeping bag and a box. "humpf!?" I thought as I drug the forgotten "Topsy Turvy" from the depths of darkness, "if she doesn't want it, maybe I can grow me a little something!" (even though I do detest TOMATOES!)

I opened the box to find alot of "Turvy", but really no "Topsy"! Inside the written instructions read:

1. "Put the plant in the bottom." (plant not included)
2. "Put soil in the bag." (soil not included)
3. "Add water in the bag." (water not included)

Like I said, alot of "Turvy", but not so much on the "Topsy". Heck I could've saved $19.99, if I knew NOTHING WAS INCLUDED!

The "Topsy Turvy" Tomato Planter is back in the depths of darkness under Riley's bed, and I am reminded on a daily basis that I still owe my 2nd Grade Graduate a "cool" present.















No comments: