Sunday, March 1, 2009

A couple of Reminders......

Of my Holidays of 2008...

Rewind to just right before Halloween, the girls and I were "Ding-Dong Ditching", or what we like to call "Booing" when I ran full blast off a curb and ended up with this...... After a quick stop into the ER, I end up a few weeks in this...... And after a couple of weeks of Physical Therapy....

I was well healed from a clumsy night of spooking our friends, and was ready to move on to Christmas. Several days before the big holiday I receive a box on the porch...(very exciting..I thought), so I open it up to find its contents of ALOT of dirt landing all over my kitchen floor. After getting past the dirt I find a sweet little LIVE Christmas tree that came with a cute little strand of lights. ("Sender" will remain anonymous since they are blood related, but I am thinking a little "voo-doo hex" might have been packaged in with this little doozy along with those cute lights)...... Let me explain......
After sweeping the floor, I look at the little guy and think the lights might help? So around & around I go with the lights when all of a sudden STING! I was stuck with a pine needle in my right thumb. I remember immediately grabbing my thumb, saying "Shoot"(really, it was only "Shoot"), and fishing the thorn out of my pierced appendage. Then I was quickly back to holiday business.......(can you hear the ring of that holiday cheer in my voice yet?)...well, fast forward to MARCH 1st, after 3 MONTHS of soaking, digging, exploring, complaining, and more soaking..I still haven't made it to the Dr. to see how to cure the "voo-doo hex" that arrived in that box on that cold December day and made permanent residence in my right thumb, BUT...I think this "really bad patient" is gonna have to give in and get something done about this one......








Glen likes to call it..."the gift that just keeps on giving"!

Yeeeee-ouch!

No comments: