Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 5: Benadryl, Lasers, & Rehab?

Spring Break Day #5
We started the day by meeting friends at the park, it was so pretty outside, we had to go and enjoy it! The girls and their friends had 1st wanted to go to the zoo...but...being 1/2 price Wednesday, Spring Break, and the most gorgeous day of the year so far, we figured it would = the Zoo being a total Zoo! Guess what!? The news even reported those exact words: "The Zoo Was A Zoo"! After watching the report and seeing the pictures on the news, phew!! (a record setting 23,000+ people today)!!.....Good call on no zoo today! It is 1am right now, and we'd probably just be getting home if we had braved that place!! haha! The kids all enjoyed a nature walk around the park, which ended in a quick stop into Walgreens for Benadryl after Riley turned into one big itchy HIVE! (HAPPY SPRING!)


Post-park/lunch...I had to head off to work, but my ever so sweet friends kept my girls and took everyone to Laser Tag for the afternoon! After the 2nd round, a little Benadryl kicked in on a certain kid and she was OUT for the count for 2 hours!! woops! Might of had a little something to do with 2 sleepovers in a row and a dab of Benadryl?? Just maybe?......
My evening at Rehab was so quiet tonight!! We had a grand total of 4 patients! (Happy Spring Break!) Who wants to be in the hospital with this sunny weather anyways!? So I got to start a book that I have so wanted to read, but am so scared of!! William P. Young's, "The Shack". I do not like movies, TV shows, or books where children are the victims, but I hear that it is an incredible spiritual journey for all who read it and I really want to make it through it! We'll see..I made it to Chapter 3 and the creepy part is coming.......I can do it..I can do it!! Anyone read this yet?

I give Spring Break Day #5 a score of: An itchy, quiet good time!

ps.....Please pray for baby Cason Harvey born this evening to Mike and Catherine Harvey, our Youth Pastor at FBCC. He has been taken to NICU for a possible infection. We pray for Cason, Mom & Dad, and the Drs. and Nurses who are caring for this sweet new baby boy!

"God is able to do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine." Ephesians 3:20

No comments: