Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Gladys Kravitz" Has Been Shut Down!

I have a few names that I go by around here....."Trudy" the hairdresser, "Florence" the Nurse, "Mel" short for Melissa, "Hey you!", "Mama", "Big Mama", but mostly I just go by "Mom".

One of my other "alter egos" that the neighborhood knows me by is "Gladys Kravitz" the nosy neighbor. I started this name for myself, once the school district decided to place the new Elementary school in my front yard (well, ok not IN it, but close enough!) We are so close that I know when they have a fire drill, I can hear the morning announcements, and I always know when it's 10am after that 10am school bell rings. I do pride myself on my "Gladys" status though, and I love all of the windows in our home that allow me to see just about anyone at anytime.......

For example, (I mentioned the school).....out this window.....
I see this......












Out my kitchen window.......









I have a great view of this.........

But "Gladys" has been shut down on the North side, out her daughter's bedroom window......
Ahhhhh POOP! The neighbors have installed this.................

But don't think that'll stop this gal from lookin!!

No comments: