Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sure Sign That Summer is Only a Couple Of Weeks Away!

Is when you start hearing ALOT of this in the mornings at your child's school:

TARDY!
HURRY UP!
YOU NEED TO BE IN YOUR CLASSROOM WHEN THE BELL RINGS, NOT ON THIS CURB!
GO TO THE OFFICE FOR YOUR TARDY SLIP!
WALK FASTER, BUT DON'T RUN!
YOU ARE TARDY!
YOU NEED TO LEAVE EARLIER!
GET MOVIN!

These are all very familiar phrases I have been hearing lately coming from a lady at my little girl's school, who stands on the sidewalk during morning drop off.

This "Tardy Nazi" continues to shreak at these tardy little ones as they practically roll, ever so slowly out of the minivans, to the sound of the tardy bell ringing, with actual slipper marks on their bitty behinds, where their moms have shoved them out the minivan door with her foot.



Many of these tiny tardies, glare at this "person in charge" as if wanting to kick her in the shin and say....."Do I look like I'm old enough to drive?" Do you really think I'm the one driving myself to school tardy every morning?" "Have you seen the shape my mom is in, I'm lucky even to get here at all!"

Really, no need to hurry though, because when the "tardy tots " hustle on up and finally arrive at their classroom, after receiving their naughty pink tardy slip from the front office....the light is off and the class door is locked, because their "tardy-teacher" is usually crawling through the back doors of the school anyway. Maybe they should place a "Tardy Commando" at the back of the school also!? Just a thought?!

Heck.......I say........

180 days is a long time to be ON-TIME anyways!


Is it Summer yet?!



1 comment:

Amy said...

I am laughing so hard right now....I have so many thoughts... LOL